Thursday, March 2, 2017

The Artist Project 2017 Chapter 3 - The Gala.

Thursday, February 23, 2017. 3:30 p.m. I arrive back at The Better Living Centre on the grounds of the 'CNE' (Canadian National Exhibition). There's a quick artists reception with pizza and pleasant pep-talk from the event organizers. It also provides the opportunity to socialize with other creators, some of whom I hadn't seen in a while, such as Adi ZurLori Mirabelli, and my new aquaintance, Anne Marie Giroux. After that, most of us conducted a quick check to make sure our booths were ship shape, then scurried into the washrooms to change clothes etc for the opening festivities.

As usual, I'm wearing the same colours as my paintings. :)
Enough about me. This was an evening to people-watch. While they were strolling around, wine in hand, looking at the wonderful artwork, I was enjoying the steady stream of incredibly good-looking and well-dressed Torontonians.

There were also some *small* snacks and gourmet samples to try; I had a paper cup containing 3 tortilla chips with a fiery hot sauce and an organic cookie the size of an overcoat button. Fortunately, some more generous folks walked by and gave me three bottles of spring water, and my pals Clara and Laurie brought me a really yummy twelve-dollar burrito. Très cher, n'est pas? I also had a refreshing glass of good ol' Steam Whistle. The name alone evokes shades of my former life, before I became what I like to call an 'urban ex-pat'.


It was a fun, festive night with lots of inspiring art and art lovers.


Next Post: The visitors.




No comments:

Post a Comment